Healthy eating is an important component of living a healthy lifestyle. The key to healthy eating is to make it enjoyable and easy. Rather than making big changes that can be overwhelming, start by making smaller changes that will stick and become healthy habits. Here are some tips for healthy eating:
- Plan your meals. Planning your meals ahead of time decreases your chance of making unhealthy choices when you’re hungry. Plan your five Fuelings the night before and pack them so you’re ready to go!
- Cook at home. Cooking your lean and green meals at home instead of eating out is not only easier on your budget. By preparing your own meals, you’ll know exactly what’s in it and won’t have to worry about unhealthy ingredients. Cook extra servings for healthy leftovers for the next day.
- Eat slowly. How quickly you eat influences how much you eat. It can take your brain about 20 minutes to receive messages that you’re hungry or full. Eating slowly gives your brain time to process that you are full.
- Use a smaller plate. The size of your plate can influence how much you eat. Using a smaller plate can make your portions look larger and make your brain feel that you’re eating more.
- Shop with a list. Knowing exactly what you need to get from the grocery store reduces your chance of impulse buying. By sticking to your list, you will make more nutritious selections. Shop around the perimeter of the grocery store for healthier options, such as fresh produce and lean protein.
Ask us for other healthy eating tips on your journey to Lifelong Transformation, One Healthy Habit at a Time®.