Memorial Day allows us time to reflect on our freedom and remember those who gave their lives for it. Many of us will take this opportunity to spend time with loved ones. If you plan to attend a BBQ or other get together on Monday, you can do so while sticking to your healthy lifestyle.
Below are some simple, healthy putlock dishes for you to share on Memorial Day.
- 1 1/2 cups tri-color cole slaw mix – take out the carrots (3 Greens)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar (1/3 Condiment)
- 1 tsp olive oil (1 Healthy Fat)
- 1/2 packet of Splenda, or to taste (1/2 Condiment)
Combine all ingredients in a medium size bowl. Enjoy!
1 Serving with 3 Greens, less than 1 Condiment, and 1 Healthy Fat
Faux Potato Salad
- 1 1/2 cup cauliflower, cooked (3 Greens)
- 2 cooked hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped (2/3 Lean)
- 1/2 cup 2% Greek plain yogurt (1/3 Lean)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard (2 Condiments)
- 1/8 tsp salt (.5 Condiments)
- dash of pepper
- 2 pickle spears, chopped (1 Snack)
Chop cooked cauliflower into small florets. Place in a medium sized bowl. Add eggs and pickles. In another small bowl, combine yogurt, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Add to the cauliflower mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
The entire dish is:
1 Lean, 3 Greens, 3 Condiments and 1 Snack
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Dip
- 12 ounces cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, shredded (2 Leans)
- 3/4 cup Fage 2% plain Greek yogurt (1/2 Lean)
- 1/4 cup regular cream cheese (4 Healthy Fats)
- 5 slices turkey bacon cooked and crumbled (1/2 Lean)
- 3 ounces canned jalapenos, diced (3 Condiments)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (1 Condiment)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder (1 Condiment)
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese (2 Condiments)
- 1 cup shredded 2% sharp cheddar cheese, divided (1 Lean)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine shredded chicken, yogurt and cream cheese in a medium sized bowl. Add crumbled turkey bacon, diced jalapenos, garlic powder, onion powder, Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
Stir until everything is combined. Pour mixture into a baking dish. Top with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese has melted.
4 Servings with 1 Lean, 1.75 Condiments, and 1 Healthy Fat per serving