This is a great twist to a classic family favorite. We use ground Bison, because it’s leaner than beef with a very similar taste. You can also try with ground turkey or chicken.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (will make 6 muffins, 2=5 ounces cooked, 1 lean)
- Pinch salt and pepper
- ½ cup chopped raw zucchini or cauliflower (1/3 green per serving)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (1/8 condiment per serving)
- ½ t garlic powder (1/3 condiment per serving)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder (1/3 condiment per serving)
- 2 tablespoons sugar free bbq sauce – I used Walden farms (a little less than 1/3 condiment per serving)
- Spray 6 muffin cups with a little non-stick cooking spray. Mix all together and fill 6 muffin cups with meat making a muffin. Take 2 more tablespoons of the bbq sauce and divide among the muffins on top of each one. (1/3 condiment per serving) Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Yummy!!! 2 muffins = 5 ounces (1 lean) Makes 3 servings. **Be careful when removing from oven. If you used a very lean beef you shouldn’t have much fat at all, if you used a beef with high fat content, you will have a lot of fat. Remove them and place on paper towels to soak up fat. I served mine with Mock Pasta Salad.
Medifast Info per serving
- 1 lean | 1/3 green | 1 condiment