This is a pretty simple to prepare Chicken entree. Customize by adding your own favorite seasoning instead of garlic salt and pepper to the chicken and then grill. Top with BBQ sauce, your veggies, crumbled piece of bacon and some cheese! Voila! Dinner in a snap! We paired this with the Zucchini Pasta in a Lemon Cream Sauce.
- 7 oz raw chicken breasts to yield 4.5 oz cooked (3/4 Lean)
- 1 piece of bacon, cut into pieces or I used a few sprinkles of turkey bacon bits
- 1/4 cup mushrooms (this is after cooked measurement), sliced (1/2 Green)
- 1/4 cup sliced green peppers (1/2 Green)
- 1 tablespoon light butter (1 Healthy Fat)
- 1 ounces or 1/4 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded (1/4 Lean)
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt (1 Condiment)
- 1/8 tsp pepper (1/4 Condiment)
- 1 tbsp Smokin Joe Jones No Sugar Added BBQ Sauce (www.netrition.com) (1 Condiment)
- Season the chicken with garlic salt and pepper; grill until just done. Keep the chicken warm. Meanwhile, fry the bacon in a skillet until crisp; drain on paper towels. Sauté the mushrooms and green peppers in butter until tender. Place the chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet. Top chicken with BBQ sauce, the mushroom and green pepper mixture, crumbled bacon and then with the shredded cheese. Broil until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- 1 Serving with 1 Lean, 1 Green, 2.25 Condiments and 1 Healthy Fat
- Serving Size: 1