This is a great, easy to prepare meal that has a restaurant quality taste and look. Super easy and very delicious. Serve it with a salad or another veggie and you’ve got a complete meal.
We adapted this from an original recipe posted by Stacey Hawkins at timesavorgourmet.com. Watch the video below of Stacey preparing the meal too!
- 1T lemon oil (we used Star Olive Oil infused with lemon peel)
- 10 Large, dry sea scallops
- 1/2 C Vegetable broth
- 2T Caramelized Balsamic Vinegar (Stacey’s recipe called for Time Savor Balsamic Condimenti available from her website)
- 1T Olive Oil
- 2 Minced garlic cloves
- 1 9 oz bag of spinach
- Add lemon oil to a large frying pan and heat on high until sizzling.
- Add scallops, one at a time, flat side down.
- Let the scallops cook over high heat until they are good and caramelized – about 3 to 4 minutes. You’ll know they’re ready to flip over if they release — if they stick, they’re not ready.
- Flip over and cook for 1 minute on the other side.
- Remove from the pan.
- Put the pan back over high heat and add the broth.
- Deglaze the pan by gently scrapping all the brown bits off the bottom.
- Simmer until liquid is slightly reduced.
- Add the Balsamic.
- Put the Scallops over the Wilted Garlic Spinach and drizzle with the sauce.
For the Spinach
- In an 8 quart pot, heat the olive oil and garlic over high heat until sizzling.
- Add Spinach and toss to coat.
- Turn off the heat and put a lid on the pot.
- Set aside for 3 minutes.
- Remove lid and once again, toss the Spinach. It should be bright green and just wilted.
- Season with Salt and Pepper.
- To get scallops nice and browned, pat them dry with a clean cloth or paper towel before putting in the pan.
- Serving Size: 2