Chicken and Shrimp Gumbo
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeds and membranes removed, diced
- 1½ cups diced tomatoes (canned or fresh)
- 2 cups water
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 1½ cups chopped okra
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups cauliflower “rice”
- ¾ lb. peeled and deveined shrimp
- ¼ tsp each: salt & pepper
Heat oil in a large pot, and add the garlic, scallions, celery, and bell pepper; cook until translucent.
Add the tomatoes, water, thyme, bay leaf, and cayenne; simmer for 15 minutes.
Add the okra and chicken, and continue to simmer until tender, about 7 to 10 minutes.
Add the cauliflower and shrimp, and simmer for 3 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through. If gumbo is too thick, add water as desired. Season with salt and pepper, and serve hot.
1 LEANER | 3 GREEN | 2 CONDIMENTS | 1 HEALTHY FAT
- Calories: 320
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Protein: 40g