- 1¾ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp large flake nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp each: salt & pepper, divided
- 1, 15-oz. can petite diced tomatoes
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 medium zucchinis (1 lb. total), cut, sliced, or “spiralized” into noodle-like strands (should yield about 4 cups zucchini noodles)
Preheat oven to 400⁰F.
Combine almond flour and nutritional yeast in a medium-sized bowl. Season chicken breast with salt and pepper, and then coat both sides with almond mixture.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165⁰F. Once cooked, remove chicken from oven and set aside to rest.
While chicken bakes, combine tomatoes, oregano, garlic, and scallions in a pot and simmer on low for 15 to 20 minutes.
Steam zucchini “noodles” in a steamer basket over boiling water on stovetop until tender.
Serve zucchini “noodles” with marinara and chicken.
PER SERVING: 1 LEANER | 3 GREEN | 1 HEALTHY FAT | 3 CONDIMENTS
- Calories: 360
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Protein: 49g