This is a delicious recipe we just found on Stacey Hawkins’ website. If you’re not familiar with Stacey, you should visit her site and check it out. From Stacey:
“Think rich, thick & creamy can’t be enjoyed as part of a healthy food program? Think again 🙂 This delicious recipe is low carb, a good fit for many whole foods programs (including Optavia Lean and Green, South Beach Diet, Whole 30 and the like) and is one both you and anyone else who eats it will love! Creamy Tuscan Chicken can be paired with any vegetable of your choosing. Change it up 100+ ways, but no matter how you do, the end results will be DELICIOUS.”Print
Rich, thick & creamy recipe is low carb and a good fit for the Optavia Lean and Green. Creamy Tuscan Chicken can be paired with any vegetable of your choosing. Change it up 100+ ways, but no matter how you do, the end results will be DELICIOUS.
4 tsp Stacey Hawkins Roasted Garlic Oil (we used a sautéed garlic infused olive oil)
1 1/2 lbs chicken breast, cut into 1/2″ chunks
1 T Stacey Hawkins Garlic and Spring Onion Seasoning (we substituted Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb)
1/2 C low sodium chicken broth
2 C fresh green beans*
2 C cherry tomatoes, cut in half*
8 T low fat cream cheese
- Heat oil in a large frying pan (one that has a lid) over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes, until slightly browned.
- Sprinkle with Garlic & Spring Onion seasoning & cook for 2 minutes more until garlic is toasted.
- Deglaze the pan by adding the chicken broth and scraping the brown bits (“fond”) off the bottom.
- Cut or tear the cream cheese into bits and scatter in the frying pan. Add the veggies. Put the lid on the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes more, until cream cheese is melted & veggies are soft.
- Remove the lid and stir the melted cream cheese into the chicken to make a thick sauce.
- Serve immediately over cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles.
* You can mix and match the veggies to your taste. Just remember, the more color, the better!