This is a delicious and good-for-you salad. Kale is amazingly nutritious. It’s low in calories and delivers an array of protective phytonutrients. Red cabbage its a healthy cruciferous vegetable rich in anthocyanins found in red wine or red grapes.
- 4 packed cups of curly kale, minced
- 1/4 head of red cabbage (2 cups), finely shredded
- Sea Salt to taste
- 3/4 cup roasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add the kale, cabbage, and sea salt and let it rest for 5 minutes, allowing it to “sweat.”
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, which the lemon juice with pepper and olive oil.
- In the bowl with the kale/cabbage mix, add the pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, pomegranate seeds and dressing/ Salt and pepper to taste. Mix all ingredients together.
You can substitute dried cranberries for the pomegranate seeds, and pomegranate juice for the lemon juice.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 131
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 77mg
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
Keywords: kale, cabbage, red cabbage, pomegranate