- 12 cups collard greens, chopped
- (about 16 oz.)
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- 1¼ lb. 95% lean ground pork
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp each: salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp low-fat parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup hemp seeds, pumpkin, or sesame seeds
- In a large pot, bring 4 cups of water to a boil and add the collard greens. Cover and cook until the greens have reduced to half their original size, about 5 minutes. Drain the water, and add the chicken stock. Simmer collards in broth over medium-low heat for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the meatballs by combining the ground pork, eggs, salt, and pepper—shape the mixture into 8 evenly-sized meatballs.
- Add the meatballs to the collards and simmer for 20 more minutes.
- Remove the meatballs, and stir in the hemp seeds, parmesan, and balsamic vinegar to the collard green mixture. Simmer for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld
- Serve meatballs on a bed of braised collards.
COMPLETE LEAN & GREEN MEAL: 1 LEAN, 3 GREEN, 3 CONDIMENTS
- Calories: 310
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Protein: 41g