Make this for dinner it is AMAZING! Tastes like lasagna and you wont miss the pasta AT ALL.
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- 2 medium zucchini – total weight 10 ounces
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh spinach (optional)
- 3/4 cup low carbohydrate marinara sauce
- 3/4 cup low fat mozzarella
- 2 Tbsp parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using a potato peeler or mandolin, slice the two sides of each zucchini into thin flat strips, peeling until you reach the center. You will end up with 25-30 slices.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, parmesan, egg, and spinach.
- Separately, fill the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish with the marinara sauce.
- To assemble the zucchini ravioli: overlap two strips of squash then overlap two more strips perpendicular on top of the first strips, creating a T shape. Spoon 1 tablespoon of filling in the center of the squash then bring the ends of the strips together, overlapping each other. Turn the ravioli over and place in the baking dish to seal the bottom. Top with mozzarella and more Parmesan.
- Bake the zucchini ravioli for 30 minutes, until the zucchini is al dente and the cheese on top is turning golden brown.
- Alternatively, I put sauce in the bottom of the croc pot and layered the “ravioli” in it. Cooked 4 hours on high.
1 Lean protein serving