I love cream of broccoli soup. There’s something so decadent about the rich, creamy smoothness and sweetness that warms you to the core. Cream soups, however, can be loaded with hidden fat, calories and take a beautiful veggie and turn it, well, bad, lol. I’ve changed all that here- without sacrificing anything. By using lots of veggies and almond milk instead of cream, traditional “cream” soup is turned into a rich, delightful alternative your mouth, and your tastebuds will enjoy. Yes, it’s a lean and green recipe and conforms with most low-carb programs!
- 4 tsp Stacey Hawkins Luscious Lemon Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 large stalk of celery, chopped (about ¾ C)
- 1 T Stacey Hawkins Citrus Dill Seasoning
- 1 tsp Stacey Hawkins Garlic Gusto Seasoning
- 3 C chicken broth
- 8 C broccoli florets
- 3 T almond flour
- 2 c unsweetened, plain almond milk or cashew milk
- Stacey Hawkins Dash of Desperation seasoning to taste
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium high heat. Sauté onion and celery for 2-3 minutes, until tender. Add seasonings, broth and broccoli and bring to a boil. Cover pot, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Using a stick blender, puree the soup until smooth right in the cooking pot. (You may also use a traditional blender by ladling the soup, in small batches, into the blender- but be very careful to cover the blender top with a towel and hold the lid down while blending, slowly and carefully until all the soup is pureed.)
- In a small sauce pan over medium high heat, heat the milk while whisking in the flour and 1 tsp Dash of Desperation Seasoning. When thick and bubbly, add to soup and stir to incorporate. Season with additional Dash if necessary.
One serving of soup is 2 1/2 greens, one healthy fat and 2 condiments