This recipe is from the Medifast Lean and Green Meal Cookbook. It is very easy to make and most of the ingredients were already in our fridge. The end result of the dish had a mild lime flavor mixed with the slight crunchiness of the broccoli and peppers. Very tasty!
- 8 oz raw, boneless, skinless chicken strips (should yield 6 oz cooked) (1 Lean)
- 1 cup raw broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp Newman’s Own Lighten Up Light Lime Vinaigrette (1 Healthy Fat)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder (1 Condiment)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (1 Condiment)
- 1/4 tsp Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb Seasoning Blend (1 Condiment)
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Coat chicken strips with vinaigrette. Sprinkle Mrs. Dash seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder on chicken strips. Let marinate for at least 1 to 2 hours.
- Spray a pan with nonstick cooking spray for 5 to 10 seconds; saute peppers and broccoli until al dente (tender-crisp). While cooking peppers, frequently add a little water so they do not burn. Set aside.
- Add chicken to pan and cook until no longer pink. When chicken is done, combine with peppers and broccoli and mix well.
- 1 Serving with 1 Lean, 3 Greens, 3 Condiments and 1 Healthy Fat per Serving
- Serving Size: 1