Zucchini Pasta in a Lemon Cream Sauce
Here’s a new one. Use zucchini as pasta! Sound interesting? It sure makes a great substitute. You won’t even miss pasta if you give this a try.
- Yield: 1 1x
- 1 and 1/4 cup zucchini, peeled with a julienne peeler (2 1/2 Greens)
- 1 tsp olive oil (1 Healthy Fat)
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced (1/2 Condiment)
- 2 garlic and herb light laughing cow cheese wedges (1 Healthy Fat)
- 2 tsp lemon juice (1 Condiment)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt (1 Condiment)
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper, to taste (1/4 Condiment)
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced (1/2 Green)
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, heat olive oil and add garlic. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add laughing cow cheese and lemon juice stirring until cheese is melted.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- I added about 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of water to make the sauce a little more creamier.
- Add zucchini noodles, tossing to coat in sauce, and cook for 2 – 3 minutes until wilted.
- You don’t want to overcook the noodles — you want that slightly crisp texture!
- Toss in the cherry tomatoes and heat until warm, about 1 minute. Serve immediately.
- 1 Serving with 3 Greens, 2 Healthy Fats, and 2.75 Condiments
- Serving Size: 1