Zughetti in Meat Gravy
- Total Time: 30 min
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1¾ lbs. 99% lean ground turkey
- 2 scallions, trimmed and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Hungarian paprika
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1¼ cups diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup basil, chopped
- 1¼ lbs. zucchini, cut or spiralized into “noodles”
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat Parmesan cheese
Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick skillet, and cook ground turkey, stirring occasionally to break it up into smaller pieces.
Once the turkey has turned opaque, add the scallions, garlic, crushed red pepper, paprika and ¾ teaspoon of salt.
Add the tomatoes and chicken stock; cook for about 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Stir in the yogurt and basil.
In a separate skillet, quickly sauté the zucchini “noodles” until tender, about 2 minutes. Season with remaining salt.
Arrange the zucchini “noodles” on a plate and top with meat sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve warm.
1 LEANEST | 3 GREEN | 3 CONDIMENTS | 2 HEALTHY FATS
- Calories: 360
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Protein: 55g